It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Restore from file backup (no zip file)

A few weeks back the Mac I've been running Confluence 3.5x on died an ugly death. While I realized it's not advised, we used the internal database since we're just a 3 person team.

I have a snapshot of the file system from right before the crash so I have the site backed up...but not in a Confluence-created zip file.

So...how do I get my data into the new installation without being able to do a zip file restore?

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems like a simple problem to solve if you have a snapshot of the entire filesystem.

You could just copy the Confluence installation onto another machine and run it from there. No import/export/restore needed.

Aseem, fantastic idea, but I only have a snapshot of the data, not apps/configuration (stupid me).

Are you saying to have the old Confluence home directory, but no backup of the app itself?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Introducing Confluence Cloud and Jira Software Cloud Premium

Wherever you are in your team’s journey , our goal is to support your big ambitions. We’re a cloud-first company with the mission of unleashing the potential of every team, and to address the range ...

601 views 4 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you