• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • •Restore denied. Your export is too old to be imported in this version of Confluence (Build number 4517 instead of 4396). See Restoring a Space for more information.

•Restore denied. Your export is too old to be imported in this version of Confluence (Build number 4517 instead of 4396). See Restoring a Space for more information.

Siva Polamarasetti December 13, 2016

I am getting above error when I tried to import a space to 5.10 which was exported from Confluence 5.2.  I am doing it using confluence import wizard.  ImportSpace API working fine for small sizes but failing for bigger space projects. Can you please advise whether I should use importspace API or Confluence import wizard? Basically I am trying to find the root cause for above error and how to correct it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

There have been changes in Confluence's database structure which makes that your backup can't be just restored in the new database. For example, a column "Username" might have been changed to "User key" (with the value changing from "aragot" to "87d3-ac43-fe87-ae13"), so when importing your space, Confluence won't be able to insert the "username" because the column doesn't exist, and the new column "userkey" will be left empty. There are many other examples of this happening with page properties, permissions, application links, document content and document hierarchy.

The solution to upgrade your backup file from 5.2 to 5.10 is:

• Install a test instance of Confluence 5.2 (preferably with your add-ons and with the same kind of database),
  • Import the space,
  • Upgrade to 5.10 (and your add-ons),
  • Export the space.

It is not that complex to install Confluence 5.2 and upgrade: Download the "tar.gz", unzip it, change the confluence-init.properties, run bin/start-confluence.sh -fg, and follow the wizard. You'll find a Confluence license for this purpose in your my.atlassian.com, and 3-hrs licenses for add-ons on this page.

It's more simple for full backups: I think Confluence 5.10 is able to upgrade them on-the-spot. But as I understand, you only have one space to import.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Siva Polamarasetti December 16, 2016

Thank you very much for quick response. Yes it worked for my Import, but I have to repeat this for multiple imports as we are planning to do it one Import at a time. So can we switch between 5.2 and 5.10 versions of confluence. Lets say we have completed one import successfully and then for second import Can I switch back 5.2 and then upgrade to 5.10 ? Not sure that will work ? Please help me whether any other alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance,

Siva

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2017

Sorry, I didn't see your comment. Just import all spaces in a 5.2 test instance, upgrade it to 5.10, and export all spaces. To answer your other question, you won't be able to switch back from 5.10 to 5.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events