cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a Confluence Site from a MySQL Backup

Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi,

By mistake i forgot to backup my confluence site properly(not at work of course) but i would like to restore the site by using one of the mysql backups that currently have.

Is this possible since i dont have the regular xml backup file i think i can't. Any options that i could try

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Sure. Just import your backup to a new database.

After that, point your confluence to this database on your <confluencehome>/confluence.cfg.xml.

Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

will try this soon.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

Do note that if you don't have a backup of the Confluence home and changes have been made to e.g. attachments, these would be lost.

RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

In addition to what Bruna said, if you don't have backup of Home directory you would lose all your attachments. Unless you stored your attachment inside database.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events