Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Confluence

Tom Cuypers January 2, 2014

2 months ago I backuped confluence and jira and downloaded the 2 zip files.

I created a new account and try to restore the previous backup.

Restoring Jira went well, however I cannot restore Confluence (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF52/Restoring+a+Site).

In the confluence admin, there is no "backup and restore", only import spaces which gives the error "Only Confluence space exports can be imported.".

How can I restore confluence?

3 answers

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Wait a minute, are you using Confluence OnDemand? Import is not available on OnDemand, there's a tipbox no the page you've linked.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Are you using the same version of Confluence?

To check which version the back-up was made with, open it and read the ".properties" file at the root.

0 votes
Shravan P January 2, 2014

Did you try logging in via the admin account you created when installing confluence? You said you created a new account. This new account might not have the confluence system admin previliges and hence you probably arent able to view the "backup and restore" option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events