Restart JVM for production after header update in Confluence 2.5.3?

We have a wiki running on Confluence 2.5.3. The header was modified earlier this year which crashed the database and it had to be restored to get the wiki up again. We want to remove the modifications now. How can we ensure that the DB does not crash? Also, do we have to restart the JVM since there are 2 servers which are load balanced?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

There's no way of stopping the database from "crashing" without knowing what that crash was (what, specifically, does "crash" mean herea?), and what caused it.   Changing headers in Confluence is not going to cause a database failure, they don't even store data in there, the worst case is that they might cause Confluence to go "I have no idea what you mean" or possibly read the wrong thing from the database.

The load balancing is irrelevant to Confluence - you can't use it behind a load balancer.

This widget could not be displayed.

As addition, we recommend you to think to update Confluence, since version 2.5.3 is pretty old and not supported anymore. Once you have upgraded that, you should be able to raise tickets with Atlassian. Actually, Confluence Support Team can help you with the steps to update your Confluence, if you wish. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

399 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you