Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request types should have more than one issue type to choose from

Deleted user April 26, 2019

you should be able to choose more than one issue type for a request type. easy fix allow more than one to highlight.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 29, 2019

No worries Nick, 

A bit tricky to explain, but if a customer submits a request type through the portal, eg: Forms I should be able to change to one of the greyed out options as a Jira lead. matter of opinion I guess.

Just a tip, but your suggestions arent very helpful and you sound rude fyi.

Take care!

Jesse 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

But then you would need to ask the customer which issue type to create, which is something they should not have to worry about.  The whole point of requests is to remove complexity like that from the customer.

Also, you can't do it - an issue can't be of two different types at the same time.

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 11.49.46 AM.png

from the list circled, you should be able to choose which option you want instead of one. I've noticed that you would need to create many requests types to have more than one option. the list could get big.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

No, you should not.

An issue can only have one type.  Having many issue types for an issue is nonsense and would break the system even if you did it. 

agreed, but you should be able to choose from more than one.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2019

Why?  That would make the request pointless.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events