cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reproducing Confluence System Error Message

Prachi Kurlekar June 12, 2012

Hi,

I have confluence 3.5.13

I want to know how can I reproduce the Confluence System Error Message : "A System Error Occured - Our Apologies!" for some development work.

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Prachi.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012

Mmm, I'd have to ask why you want to do this.

To reproduce it, all you need is some dodgy code that doesn't work, or some data that breaks. My favourite trick is writing my own plugins and getting the .vm file totally messed up so that it can't be rendered correctly. I suspect you can do that with a simple user macro and an incorrect .vm structure (like a single line in the middle that says "#if ( a == b )" and then doesn't have a closing "#end" statement)

To replicate it, you'll have to trigger whatever the error is that you've seen it happen for.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012

great Ideas ;-)

But Prachi has an OnDemand Instance, so this won't work... He has to ask Atlassian to do these things for him... ;-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2012

Ah, yes. And won't be able to deploy modified code anyway

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events