Replicating a page to another space when users don't have perms to the space of origin

Kim Walton January 27, 2021

I know I've seen countless people asking this same question in various ways.

We have a very robust space with several tiers in the tree that is restricted to a group of folks.   Within that space, there are a handful of pages that have content that needs to be made available to another group of folks that do not have perms to that space 

Ideally, we want to grab a snapshot of those pages and replicate them over to a space that they can access and have the pages refresh when an update is made to the pages in the originating space.

Has anyone had any luck figuring out how to do that or any possible workaround ideas?  We're not opposed to the idea a paid app either if it'll work really well

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Off-the-shelf, it's simple - to read a page directly, you need to be able to see it.

If you're happy to work with copies (which you'll need to think about how to keep in line), then yes, you can have a private source and a more open replica.  Things like the Comala apps  can help you with that sort of approach (and they can do "work in one place, publish only authorised versions" too)

For more "present pages from source, but versions or alternatives depending on <some variable>", I tend to head towards the scroll utilities  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events