Replacement for the "Info" tool in the old editor

Destini Burns March 6, 2022

Hey everyone! In the old editor, you could nest an Expand box in an Info box. I can't seem to do this in the new editor. Any tips here? 

In the event that this is no longer possible, I'll share my goal. I'm hoping to add a bit more structure to a page without using the table feature. In the old editor, the info macro allowed you to create a minimalist outline around content. I'd like to accomplish that again, but the table feature seems to be the only option. 

Appreciate the feedback!
D

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

@Destini Burns you are correct, the new editor does not allow nesting of the Expand Macro. 

I looked around for solutions to your dilemma, and cannot find any native in Confluence Cloud - there may be some Marketplace App that contains a design or macro that will allow framing content. 

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news! 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Destini Burns it's been a moment. Coming back to some older answers to clean up.

Please let me know if my answer assisted you - even if it didn't solve an unsolvable problem, then information shared may be accurate. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

0 votes
Destini Burns March 13, 2022

Thanks for your help, Andy. It's too bad that got changed. I'm working through the issue and noticed an odd occurrence. I'm going to post about it, but you seem to be a power user so I thought I'd ask you as well.

Situation: (new editor) I'm using the layout feature > added the expand macro > inserted a table. After adding content and publishing, I check the layout and all looks well and continue working on another area of the page. Suddenly, I noticed that the tables have become scrollable. I can't locate an option to fix them so I keep trying to recreate them only to discover it happens again. Any thoughts, ideas? I appreciate the support. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Are they scrollable after you save the page? Sometimes it has to do with the sizing/resolution of the page once published.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events