Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat headers in table?

TenLeftFingers January 7, 2014

After so many rows, I'd like to repeat the header in my table. At the moment I've worked around this by using seperate tables but they look messy because they're not aligned exactly. Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Hi Jarlath,

there have been long discussions about repeating headers after page breaks. If you look for this these are two examples:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/123562/stylesheet-export-to-pdf-for-tables

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144927/how-to-repeat-table-header-on-new-page

Thanks Steffan - thanks for your comment. I had seen your question but I just want to repeat the header on screen - I'm not concerned with printing. I've found that by using the || markup I can make a row take on the formatting of a header so I can repeat the headings manually and keep everything in one table.

0 votes
Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Maybe there is a CSS hack, but more probable, you will have to rely on table plugins, who generate tables from data for you.

I know for the checklists macro (generates tables out of childpages and/or metadata), that it can generate repeated headers. I am sure thre are others.

0 votes

Thanks Steffan - thanks for your comment. I had seen your question but I just want to repeat the header on screen - I'm not concerned with printing. I've found that by using the || markup I can make a row take on the formatting of a header so I can repeat the headings manually and keep everything in one table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events