cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the Plugin Repository and installing the UPM on Confluence 3.2.1_01

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2012

We are currently running Confluece 3.2.1_01 and preparing to move to 3.5. I would like to install the UPM prior to the move to 3.5 so that I can verify plugin compatibility. When I look at my plugin directories on the server, here is what I am seeing:

1 - Duplicate/Multiple copies of the same plugin

2 - Plugins with names like 1328656447993downloadedPlugin.ermljqr8lepzzhrGjfwP.36699.jar

3 - Multiple versions of the same plugin

I believe all of these issues will cause problems with the UPM.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to 'clean-up' the plugin directories?

How do I identify plugins that look like the example in Item 2?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2012

The plugins with random jar names are temporary or intermediate files that can be safely deleted. Confluence stores canonical data for plugins in the database - information is extracted to disk only as needed into temporary caches.

You can safely delete the contents of the following directories, if you want to clean up the plugin cache:

• <tt><confluence-home>/bundled-plugins</tt>
  • <tt><confluence-home>/plugin-cache</tt>
  • <tt><confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache</tt>
  • <tt><confluence-home>/plugins-temp</tt>
  • <tt><confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language</tt>
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

Thank you Joseph!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events