Remove "lasted edited by" from top of pages - Cloud version

Every page, except the Overview, has a big element right up top that says when the page was last edited. It's very distracting.

A google search said to remove it

Confluence Admin > Look & Feel > Stylesheet.

But when I go there I do not see a Stylesheet link. 

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Jim,

It is not possible to make such a customization on Cloud. The Google search results you found are likely for Confluence Server rather than Cloud. Please feel free to send me the article you found if you'd like me to confirm that for you.

I would recommend voting for and following these feature requests:

Kind regards,

Shannon

Thanks. I voted them up. Hard to believe some designer thought that information belonged in a visually hot place.

Thanks, Jim!

Confluence is widely used as a Collaboration Software so a lot of users will find it helpful to have that information right at the top, but it's understandable that some companies do not desire this information. In those cases we can hope for one of the feature requests to be accepted and implemented.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind regards,

Shannon

I understand your perspective. I have been in wiki collaboration with teams of about 50 and we would have found this current feature unhelpful. Just sayin'

Hi Jim,

I agree with you in your case since it sounds like you have a lot of users that are just read-only on the wiki. I believe the first feature, to hide it from certain users (and groups) might just be the best case for you. If this were implemented then you could have your group for users that only read and don't contribute, therefore they don't need to see who edited it, and then for example admins, who might need to see those details.

You can provide your usage case then on the first one (as I see you commented on the 2nd). When other users search in Jira for the same scenario they will automatically be brought to that issue and be able to vote as well

Take care!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 14 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

99 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you