Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "lasted edited by" from top of pages - Cloud version

jim schrempp November 28, 2017

Every page, except the Overview, has a big element right up top that says when the page was last edited. It's very distracting.

A google search said to remove it

Confluence Admin > Look & Feel > Stylesheet.

But when I go there I do not see a Stylesheet link. 

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Jim,

It is not possible to make such a customization on Cloud. The Google search results you found are likely for Confluence Server rather than Cloud. Please feel free to send me the article you found if you'd like me to confirm that for you.

I would recommend voting for and following these feature requests:

Kind regards,

Shannon

jim schrempp November 29, 2017

Thanks. I voted them up. Hard to believe some designer thought that information belonged in a visually hot place.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Thanks, Jim!

Confluence is widely used as a Collaboration Software so a lot of users will find it helpful to have that information right at the top, but it's understandable that some companies do not desire this information. In those cases we can hope for one of the feature requests to be accepted and implemented.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind regards,

Shannon

jim schrempp November 29, 2017

I understand your perspective. I have been in wiki collaboration with teams of about 50 and we would have found this current feature unhelpful. Just sayin'

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2017

Hi Jim,

I agree with you in your case since it sounds like you have a lot of users that are just read-only on the wiki. I believe the first feature, to hide it from certain users (and groups) might just be the best case for you. If this were implemented then you could have your group for users that only read and don't contribute, therefore they don't need to see who edited it, and then for example admins, who might need to see those details.

You can provide your usage case then on the first one (as I see you commented on the 2nd). When other users search in Jira for the same scenario they will automatically be brought to that issue and be able to vote as well

Take care!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events