Remove "Unknown User..." from pages where user has been deleted

Vincent Kurutza June 11, 2018

We are on the Cloud pay per user version and when we have a leaver we delete them, but we then see the attached on every page.

How can we remove this?

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.53.03.png

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2018

Hello Vincent and welcome to Community!

As far as I know, you can't recover their name once they are deleted.

You actually shouldn't delete users but deactivate them:

deactivate.png

When a user is deactivated, it doesn't use any license but you'll keep their name instead of having "Unknown user" everywhere.

Here is the Atlassian documentation explaining why you should deactivate users rather than deleting them: Deactivate or delete users.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Vincent Kurutza June 11, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice on user management.

But I am actually looking for how to remove Last Modified/Created message from the top of the page.   

I would not want a leaver if deleted or deactivated from appearing there, it's the wrong message.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2018

Oh, ok, then I'm afraid it's not possible in Confluence Cloud: Provide a way to hide author and last modified information. You can vote for this suggestion to show interest and watch it to be updated.

- Manon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events