Remove "Forgot Paassword" link in Confluence

Does anyone know how to remove the "Forgot Password" link in Confluence. I can easily do this in JIRA, but I can't find anything to do with Confluence itself.

This question is just for confluence, not crowd, or JIRA or anything else, just a standalone instance of Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

You can add the following CSS

#forgot-password {
  display:none;
}

to the Global Stylesheet (Confluence Admin > Stylesheet (under Look and Feel)). This will remove the link from the login window.

Hope this helps!

That was easy. Thanks, it is exactly what I needed.

One more thing. If I want to remove the "Change Password" link under the user profile section, how can I do that? I tried using the same synatx above, only #change-password. It was a guess...naturally it didn't work. Any suggestions?

I want to modify the "Change Password" text under the user profile section, how can I do that? Use case: most user passwords are managed via Active Directory. External users who are invited need to be able to change their password. When Active Directory users click Change Password, they get an ugly error message and are confused. We just want to post some short explanatory text next to the Change Password link so that Active Directory users don't try to change their password via Confluence.

I have just spent today doing this for JIRA and Confluence. So for Confluence when a user clicks "Forgot your password?" on the login page, I kindly remind them to use their AD username and password.

To do this edit the file ../confluence/forgotuserpassword.vm and replace the contents with this:

<html>

<head>

<title>$action.getText("title.forgot.pass")</title>

</head>

<body>

<content tag="bodyClass">login forgot-password</content>

<div id="login-container" class="userpassword-section">

<h2>$action.getText("title.forgot.pass")</h2>

#parse ( "/template/includes/actionerrors.vm" )

#if ($action.mailServerConfigured)

#applyDecorator("form-aui")

#decoratorParam("formName" "forgotpasswordform")

#decoratorParam("submitAction" "$req.contextPath/doforgotuserpassword.action")

#decoratorParam("editAction" "$req.contextPath/forgotuserpassword.action")

#decoratorParam("editMode" "true")

#decoratorParam("formStyle" "login-form-container")

<p>You must login with you Windows Username and Password.<br>

<br>

If you still have isues logging in, please contact your Administrators.<br>

<br></p>

<fieldset class="compact-form-fields">

<div class="field-group form-buttons compact-form-buttons">

<a href="${req.contextPath}/login.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-link">Log In</a>

<a href="${req.contextPath}/contactadministrators.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-link">Contact Administrators</a>

</div>

</fieldset>

#end

#else

<p>

$action.getText("forgot.pass.nomailserver", ["$action.globalSettings.siteTitle", "$req.contextPath/contactadministrators.action"])

</p>

<p class="last">

<a href="${req.contextPath}/login.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-primary">$action.getText("login.button")</a>

</p>

#end

</div>

</body>

</html>

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

606 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you