It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove an outer Expand macro without losing its inner expands

I have a section of code( I don't remember the exact markup but you get the idea) that looks like this:

{expand}

{expand}

(B) Expand text goes here

{expand}

(C) Expand text goes here

{/expand}

{/expand}

{/expand}

I would like to remove the outer expand, leaving the inner expands in place.  Currently the only way I know to do this is to cut/paste the inner ones (lots, in my case) to the outside until the outer expand is empty and then remove the now-empty outer expand.

Any better ideas?

THANKS!!

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill_Bailey Community Leader Jun 14, 2019

If it were me, I would install the source editor plugin (an older version is still free), then you can edit the storage code and just remove that macro instance.

THANKS Bill,  We are installing the plugin and will test this out.  I will update this question with the results.  

Jim

Bill,

This solution worked great.  I was able to see the html code and make changes.  It was a bit nerve wracking because of the complexity of the page (which is what got me into trouble in the first place...) but I figure that on this issue, I saved at least an hour or 2 over recoding the page using the normal wiki editor.

THANKS!  

Jim

Bill_Bailey Community Leader Jun 18, 2019

I use the source editor a lot:

• Sometimes to debug a page to see what exactly is going on.
  • Other times to clean out div and span tags that get pasted in
  • I user Regex for more complicated cleanup or replacement.
  • A quick way to copy complex blocks, or as a quick way to move all the headings up one notch (when authors start with a H2 for example).

@Bill_Bailey How do I locate the source editor plugin? I'm still relatively new to confluence. Thanks so much!

Bill_Bailey Community Leader Sep 04, 2019

Pass this link to our admin for him/her to install and then enable your access:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

Like Brittany Williams likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

382 views 11 11
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you