Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an outer Expand macro without losing its inner expands

Jim Winston June 13, 2019

I have a section of code( I don't remember the exact markup but you get the idea) that looks like this:

{expand}

{expand}

(B) Expand text goes here

{expand}

(C) Expand text goes here

{/expand}

{/expand}

{/expand}

I would like to remove the outer expand, leaving the inner expands in place.  Currently the only way I know to do this is to cut/paste the inner ones (lots, in my case) to the outside until the outer expand is empty and then remove the now-empty outer expand.

Any better ideas?

THANKS!!

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

If it were me, I would install the source editor plugin (an older version is still free), then you can edit the storage code and just remove that macro instance.

Jim Winston June 17, 2019

THANKS Bill,  We are installing the plugin and will test this out.  I will update this question with the results.  

Jim

Jim Winston June 18, 2019

Bill,

This solution worked great.  I was able to see the html code and make changes.  It was a bit nerve wracking because of the complexity of the page (which is what got me into trouble in the first place...) but I figure that on this issue, I saved at least an hour or 2 over recoding the page using the normal wiki editor.

THANKS!  

Jim

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

I use the source editor a lot:

• Sometimes to debug a page to see what exactly is going on.
  • Other times to clean out div and span tags that get pasted in
  • I user Regex for more complicated cleanup or replacement.
  • A quick way to copy complex blocks, or as a quick way to move all the headings up one notch (when authors start with a H2 for example).
Brittany Williams September 4, 2019

@Bill Bailey How do I locate the source editor plugin? I'm still relatively new to confluence. Thanks so much!

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2019

Pass this link to our admin for him/her to install and then enable your access:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview

Like Brittany Williams likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events