Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove AD groups in JIRA

Kevin L May 9, 2017

So we have hooked into our Active Directory system and it seems to be pulling in all users and groups as expected.  But after some research, we have so many groups that it is affecting the use of the JIRA app.  Is there a way to NOT bring in the AD groups into JIRA but just the users?  

Also how could i delete all the AD groups in JIRA now to make it clean? I have it set to read only as we dont want it to affect our production AD system.

thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

Kevin,

I would suggest filtering on a group that all of the users are a part of.  If you do not have a group like this then create one.  You can then update your AD settings with the new group to filter results.

You can use the Additional Group DN in LDAP Schema to accomplish this or you can use Group Object Filter in the Groups Schema Settings.

Once you update and save your user directory information all of the AD groups that were created should be removed and only the one you are filtering on should remain.  

As always you should test your settings in a development enviorment to ensure that you do not loose functionality as you test settings.

Atlassian Documentation can be found here.

Thanks
Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events