Relation b/w Themes, Configurations and Spaces in database.

Nitin Kumar July 15, 2014

Hi . I am looking to manage the page/space configuration (not content) in Confluence(5.5) as part of the release process.

Is there a way to do that ? I know about Bandana table . I can migrate the themes (RefinedWiki) across environments by picking on spacekey in Bandana table but cannot get the relation b/w spaces and categories working under Oranize Spaces page in Admin.

Can anyone please show me a relation b/w these three entities.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

I'm guessing you already used google with something like 'atlassian confluence data model' and found this page?

The second paragraph about how the data model can change, while true, is not exactly something to get highly concerned over - most the queries I wrote back in 2005 during my first Confluence implementation still work.

The first paragraph will be you answer for any confluence managed (opposed to 3rd party plugin managed) data - quoted here for effect:

The Hibernate mapping files are the authoritative reference for the Confluence data model. These are the *.hbm.xml files which you will find in the main Confluence JAR file (<CONFLUENCE-INSTALLATION>\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\confluence-5.1.1.jar).

If you've gone through a similar exercise with JIRA these are like the entity-model.xml file describing the tables and their relationships. It's all based on (at it's core) the Apache OFBiz project (I believe) and has a summary of the approach for handling data here Open for Biz Data Model (along with a lot of other doc).

maybe that'll get you somewhere close to what you are looking for. I'm thinking, though, that you're mixing 3rd Party Plugin names/concepts with Confluence ones - and it'd help a lot if you mentioned the 3rd party plugin you were working with (providing the 'Themes').

-wc

0 votes
Nitin Kumar July 17, 2014

Hi Will, You are spot on and yes I am using a lot of 3rd party plugins like RefinedWiki Theme , Adhoc Workflows ,Archiving plugins ,Arsenale Lockpoint ..

As long as I am able to maintain the line between config and content , things should be ok. I can migrate spaces with Workflows too. Will be trying on spaces with attachments next.

Your anwer confirmed that I am doing the right thing.

Thank You!

These are my references and the migration script works fine on our test spaces/Theme Admin page with Space Categorization.

https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/webservices/Confluence+3.5.6+upgrade+go+live

hbm Files : Label.hbm.xml , ConfluenceBandanaRecord.hbm.xml , Space.hbm.xml

DB Tables : Bandana, Label , Content_Label

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Great! Glad that was helpful - thanks for taking the time to respond and accept the answer

Have a great day man

-wc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events