Recovering corrupted wiki

Steve Berley August 10, 2014

We have a small team (3 people) who use Confluence which I run on a Mac using the older (Mac-friendly) version 3.5.x.

Our server experienced a drive failure and I'm now trying to rebuild. I do have a snapshot of the data - but it's clearly a bit tweaked.

I've got Confluence running again on the new drive using a clean database, but I can't seem to get it to successfully start with the old one - the errors are pasted below. I've just been adjusting the confluence.home variable in confluence-init.properties.

My goal is to use the information that's in the old corpus - by making it my primary database, extracting it to a new one, or by any other means.

What do y'all recommend I do to access my data again?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Oakland, CA

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last login: Mon Aug 11 10:11:00 on ttys001

Mac-Server:~ cowbell$ /Users/cowbell/Confluence/confluence-3.5.16-std/bin/OS\ X\ -\ Run\ Confluence\ In\ Terminal\ Window.command ; exit;

If you encounter issues starting up Confluence Standalone, please see the Installation guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Installation+Guide

Using CATALINA_BASE: /Users/cowbell/Confluence/confluence-3.5.16-std

Using CATALINA_HOME: /Users/cowbell/Confluence/confluence-3.5.16-std

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/cowbell/Confluence/confluence-3.5.16-std/temp

Using JRE_HOME: /Library/Java/Home

Using CLASSPATH: /Users/cowbell/Confluence/confluence-3.5.16-std/bin/bootstrap.jar

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

INFO: Initialization processed in 255 ms

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start

INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Aug 11, 2014 10:11:05 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

2014-08-11 10:11:07,775 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 3.5.16 (build #2172)

2014-08-11 10:11:10,774 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Initialising the plugin system

2014-08-11 10:11:10,909 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Plugin system started in 0:00:00.134

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@291aa152]) and a value of type [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory] (value [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@13552393]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2] (value [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2@6ca2cb13]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Aug 11, 2014 10:12:13 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 68540 ms

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

Hey Steve,

As Confluenc eis not loading and retrieving the data from the older instances, it could be caused by Confluence not being able to connect to the database: the credentials set in your confluence.cfg.xml file are not valid. Another possibility would be that the database password had expired, and would need to be reseted and the server needs to be rebooted.

So, basically, can ya confirm the following?

# Check if <CONFLUENCE-HOME> is not writable (check the permission of the directory and sub-directories)

# Confluence database is not available - check the connection parameters in <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/confluence.cfg.xml and verify if the database user has access to all confluence tables and if the password is the same.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events