Records deleted from CWD_DIRECTORY_ATTRIBUTE and CWD_DIRECTORY_OPERATION

Philippe Aboulin January 16, 2018

Hi,

Sometimes, records are deleted from tables CWD_DIRECTORY_ATTRIBUTE and CWD_DIRECTORY_OPERATION.

The data deleted concerns delegated LDAP authentification. We have to reinsert them manually and restart server. After a while (days or weeks), they are again deleted.

If someone can help to understand...

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Phillipe,

What an interesting case.

Please let me know more:

• What version of Confluence are you running?
  • How were the deletions discovered? (I am guessing from your database logs)
  • Do you have logs of the SQL that ran against the database to delete the records?
  • If you check the atlassian-confluence.log for the times the deletions are taking place, what is being recorded at that time? 
  • Were the records originally created by Confluence User Directory setup or were they inserted into the database some other way?
  • What is the impact to your delegated User Directory when the deletions occur? (Can users still log in using that Directory?)

Thank you for providing all these details, I look forward to a better understanding so I can see how to help.

Ann

Philippe Aboulin January 19, 2018
  • What version of Confluence are you running?

• How were the deletions discovered? (I am guessing from your database logs)

No, originally, little problems appeared:

The link to disable users disappeared.

When a space manager tries to grant rights to users on a space, the rights are not granted (without any error message).

After searching, we discovered that the records related to the ldap configuration in the 2 tables had disappeared (we saw that because we also have a test environment on which we have no problem).

After reinserting records and restart server, all worked fine.

• Do you have logs of the SQL that ran against the database to delete the records?

No SQL logs.

• If you check the atlassian-confluence.log for the times the deletions are taking place, what is being recorded at that time? 

There is nothing in atlasssian’s log that may explain the problem

• Were the records originally created by Confluence User Directory setup or were they inserted into the database some other way?

I don't know.

• What is the impact to your delegated User Directory when the deletions occur? (Can users still log in using that Directory?)

The users can still log in. and they experienced no problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events