Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended configuration

Roger Oshaug August 31, 2015

Hi.

We are 25 users planning to run Confluence as a local installation on a server provided by a Norwegian hosting Company. SQL License is an issue, and I wonder if we can run this installation on Microsoft Sql Server Express edition? I think the Maximum database size for Express is 10 GB and i guess it would take som time before we reach that amount of data. And further on this it should not be difficult to move the database to a full Microsoft SQL Server edition later on. Do you have any recommendations on system requirements for 25 users on configuration like this? Would you recommend or advice against installations like this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2015

Hi there,

You could take a look on this documentation:

Cheers,

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

Is there a reason not to use Postgres? As far as I understand, your Express edition will not be covered by a support contract, so Postgres may actually be better quality, open-source and unlimited.

It's also cheaper for your Norvegian provider to host a (Postgres) database because it's on Unix (Linux), rather than a Windows-based database which requires much more powerful hardware and a license of Windows Server. At least, on Unix, deployments can be scripted.

Roger Oshaug September 2, 2015

Would an installation in Microsoft Azure be covered by a support contract, as long as the server version and database version are in compliance with your requirements?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Hi Roger, this is an ecosystem forum and I don't belong to Atlassian. When mentionning the support coverage, I was talking about Microsoft not supporting the Express edition, since it's a free edition.

Roger Oshaug September 2, 2015

Ok, thank you for the advice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events