Recently updated - choose what I want to pubish as updated

Oliver Mettauer July 2, 2021

Hi all,

For our department, we use Confluence as a Wiki-Tool. On the start page, we show the newest blogs and also the latest changes on pages with the recently updated macro (shows new and updated pages).

In some cases, we do have to make unessential changes on the pages, so a new update-entry is confusing for the user. To avoid this, I configured the macro includes only pages with a specific label.

For new pages, this does not cause any problems - contrary to modifying pages. The editors always have to remember to remove the label or exclude it while modifying the page.

What we wish is kind of a function, where you can choose what you want to publish as essential and make unessential changes on pages without making them visible on the start page.

I do not think that there is a solution with the basic functions. Does anyone knows about a better solution? Or is there an confluence extension which fullfill this need?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for raising this question with us here on Atlassian Community. The workaround you're using currently is what I would have suggested, but there's a current feature request for excluding minor edits, which I'll share below.

• CONFCLOUD-3707 Recently updated list on the dashboard should not show minor edits

Please vote and watch this case for any updates. I appreciate your help!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events