Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Activity gadget in Confluence using wrong base URL for JIRA instance

James Ellett November 12, 2014

I have set up a Recent Activity gadget in a Confluence page that I have configured to show JIRA activity from a specific project. In the macro preview all looks to be in order, but when I insert the macro into the page and save, all JIRA links are being formatted with the Confluence base URL. So a link to a JIRA issue that should be http://jira.ymarketing.net/browse/ULBL-154 is instead http://confluence.ymarketing.net/browse/ULBL-154, which of course does not exist. The activity is displaying somewhat properly (images are broken, some activities fail to load and give a "Sorry, we cannot load this activity due to an error."), but the links are all wrong.

Is this a known issue with the Confluence Recent Activity gadget? I've searched the forums and can't find a resolution.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2014

Hey James, 

Can you confirm if the Display URL of the instance is different of the Application URL for the App links? Also, is there any proxy redirection in your instance?

Kind Regards, 

Giuliano Tenedini

Confluence/Crowd Support

James Ellett November 13, 2014

Our Confluence display URL is indeed different than the application URL. The JIRA display URL matches the application URL. There are proxy redirects in place for both JIRA and Confluence.

EJ Victoria October 29, 2015

Hi, Have you resolved this issue? We are having the same issue with the JIRA Labels Gadget used in Confluence. Would very much appreciate your help. Best regards, EJ

S Stack March 30, 2016

@Giuliano de Campos : We also see this behavior in JIRA 6.4.6 linked with Confluence 5.8.4. The JIRA Activity Gadget embedded in a Confluence page displays the Confluence URL instead of JIRA for issues. Per the previous commenter, what is the status of this problem?

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

Hi James,

That's odd. I couldn't find any issue related to this gadget and this behavior. Do the app links are showing the correct URL for both apps?

I recommend to perform a test into another confluence and JIRA environment and if the issue persists, we are probably facing a bug. In this case, please provide the steps to replicate the bug so we can open a bug report for you.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events