Read only JIRA Macro in Confluence

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

We have a use-case in which we want to provide users with a list of issues from JIRA, but not allow them access to JIRA. For example, in Confluence they would visit a page with a JIRA macro that is pulling in issues from our JIRA instance. Instead of seeing the "Authenticate" banner, they would instead see a read-only JIRA list with the Issue Number and the Headline. We don't want to give access to JIRA to everyone (and we can't, for security reasons) make use of anonymous users. We just want to display the very basic of data within our Confluence instance from JIRA using the macro without having to give each user read only access. Essentially, we want to output a table of issues based on JQL query.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

If you are using server version you have a couple of choices:

1. Use the SQL-query Macro against the JIRA database
  2. Use the CLI Macro and the getIssueList action against your JIRA instance. CLI macro is part of Run CLI Actions in Confluence

If you are using cloud, then you get something like this example to publish the list: getIssueList

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

We have Confluence locally and JIRA in the cloud (for now). I've used CLI locally on my machine before, but I wasn't aware there was a macro for it. I tried searching the marketplace and only found the CLI that I download and use locally and not one that is embedded in Confluence for pulling content. Did I miss it?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

I updated the answer with the pointer. So, you can use #1 since you don't have access to the database. But #2 should work the easiest.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

I meant CAN'T use #1. Still can't edit comments - yuk!

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Unfortunately, I need to perform this soon, and I have no budget money for anything. Guess we'll have to look at exporting to Excel and uploading.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Use an evaluation license until you can justify it.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Another option is to use our plugin, ConfiREST for Confluence

You can connect to any REST/XML service (including JIRA, of course) and show the data in many ways (table, card, wysiwyg).

The plugin also acts as a proxy, you can set it up to do the authenticated connection in the background, so your users don't have to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events