It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Re-enabling the old editor

Hi All,

I used to use Confluence previously at my old company and funny enough recommended it to the newly started company which I'm in, little did I realise that there is now a new editor and well personally it lacks a lot of the ability of the previous editor.

According to the post here : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-opt-out-from-the-new-editor/qaq-p/1059031?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjIuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNTkzNTMwMjE0MDgwfQ%3D%3D

I can contact support (including making a request here so an atlassian support member notices it and picks it up) to re-enable atlassian legacy editor for my instance.

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Leader Jun 30, 2020

You may have a template for creating a page using the legacy editor. If you do not have that template you can contact support to have them enable the template for your site.

I don't have the template currently, and the company I'm with is still using the free version at the moment as our team is only just growing so only community support is available at the moment, which is why I was lead here if you see the "Atlassian Team" posts.

He recommends to act as I have and wait until a community support member raises it to the Atlassian Team.

Like Dario B likes this

Hi @Julian Carlson

My apologies! That's correct - I'm going to go ahead and raise that ticket for you now.

Check your email in a few minutes and we can get that process started. 

Take care,

Shannon

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

82 views 3 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you