Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL 7.0 support

Slava Frid December 17, 2014

Hello,

I would like to confirm that JIRA and Confluence will both run successfully on RHEL 7.0

Thank You,

Slava F

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014

Remember that Java is an attempt at a "platform independent" system, and plugins live within the application. If you can run JIRA or Confluence on a system, then it is almost impossible to construct an addon for them that will not run within them because of the operating system (unless you do something really dumb like make operating-specific system calls outside the Java API) I have only *ever* run into one issue where a plugin behaved differently because of the operating system - I wrote a plugin that worked perfectly on all types of Linux, but had a bug that only occurred when installed in a JIRA running on Windows. It was actually down to a bug in Windows, and a later version of Java had a work-around for it, so my plugin started working when we updated Java. To add a minor point to what Renato says - CentOS is as close to RedHat as you can get without actually being RedHat.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

In this context it is certainly also important to check, if all used plugins will also be supported by RHEL 7.0

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2014

Hi Slava, 

Jira is designed to install successfully on all 'flavours' of Linux, we only test the JIRA Linux Installer on CentOS Linux. If you encounter problems with the JIRA Linux Installer on your particular flavour of Linux, we recommend installing JIRA on Linux from an archive file.

I believe the same is to Confluence. 

However, if you wish, on [this link|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms] you can find all details about supported platforms to JIRA. [On this another one|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms] you can find details about Confluence. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014

Yes, they do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events