Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Confluence SharePoint connector - has anyone gotten external customers to work?

IT Team October 1, 2014

We currently have SharePoint 2013 on an extranet using Windows Authentication tied into Active Directory. We also have Confluence set up with Forms based authentication running on Tomcat synchronizing users from the same Active Directory repository.

The SharePoint system contains our main customer portal - newsletters, upcoming events, calendars, etc. and the Confluence site contains all of our user documentation. We want the customer to log into SharePoint and when they click the Documentation link to go to Confluence we want them to be automatically logged into Confluence. 

I am evaluating the SharePoint Connector for Confluence and am having issues getting automatic login (sso) working.

From what I've read I need to have the browser "trust" both our SharePoint and Confluence site AND I need to make sure the browser supports "automatic login". Is there any way around this?

As an alternative, is there a way to configure confluence to allow anyone access who is accessing it from our SharePoint site?

I also set up a page in SharePoint to connect to the Wiki via Confluence page\space web part but there are several issues with this (missing images, poor formatting, etc.)

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this or has any ideas? My suggestion to drop down to one system wasn't accepted... 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

We can help you getting this SSO issue resolved I believe. info@appfusions.com 

It is tricky but given that I don't know enough about your network, I'd rather not mis-steer the answer here out the gate. Once we do help you, you can report back here though. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events