Question about how to import Gliffy scheme to Draw.io

Olivier Cruilles December 18, 2014

Hello,

We use Gliffy since many years and now we are very interested about draw.io plugin in Confluence but hoe could we convert Gliffy draw to draw.io.

I try to do it in the evaluate version a draw.io but nothing appears after importation of the .gliffy file generated by the Gliffy confluence plugin.

I saw on internet that it is possible since soon (https://drawio.atlassian.net/browse/DFC-3) but how can we try it.

We use Confluence v5.4.3 and draw.io v3.10.1

Thank you in advance for your answer.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2014

Hi Oliver,

Since David answered this question for you, I'll set this as resolved.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

Doesn't it make more sense to set my answer as the accepted one rather than yours? And shouldn't yours be a comment since it doesn't answer the question?

2 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

In the latest plugin version you can import Gliffy saved files via File->Import.

You can also save the Gliffy attachment and drag and drop it into a new diagram, see this video

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

On the video, at 0mn 47s, from where do you grab the image (png)?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2015

It's the Gliffy attachment I save at 32 seconds. I drag and drop it from the filesystem into the blank diagram.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

"from the filesystem" Ok, because what is shown on the video makes me think that we have to drag'n drop something from the left panel... So when I drag'n drop a .gliffy file from my filesystem to the draw.io diagram, it displays a 'text block' with the json content instead of the scheme.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

For completeness, the problem here is that the version of draw.io is too old and doesn't have Gliffy import.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

That's the old issue tracker, but the feature is in progress. The first beta will be early next year. I suggest to send an email to support@draw.io and we'll add you to the beta testers list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events