Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put page content in a block

JM May 26, 2016

Hello,

I'm looking to go over all the pages on my Confluence install. Add a content-block macro and put the existing content of every page inside this content-block.

There is any way to achieve this goal ?

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
JM May 27, 2016

Sorry for the delay Maggie

Finally I did a script to go over all the pages and put the body in the block-content macro using Python + SOAP.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Jose

0 votes
Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hi @Jose M, 

Are you referring to the content block macro that comes with Theme Press? If so, simply turn on the Theme Press Theme on your existing Confluence Default Themed Spaces and your content will be inside one content-block macro. 

Cheers, 

Maggie

JM May 26, 2016

Hi @Maggie Modersohn

Yes, I'm talking about the content-block-macro of Theme Press. I have a lot of content and I want to put it inside the block to apply my CSS styles.

I'm talking also about existing content, no new content. If I create a new page, is themed by default, but I want to put all the existing content (thousands of pages) inside this block. I tried with your suggestions but is not wokring.

Thanks!

Jose

Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Thanks José for clarifying! I thought you wanted to put all the content of one page in one block. I am afraid there is no programmatic way to put all the content of your existing Confluence instance into one single Theme Press block. 

Help me understand what you are really trying to achieve, because I think there is a much easier way. If you're simply looking to style your existing content, you can create a Theme using the Theme Press designer (without custom CSS) and apply that Theme on all or only select Spaces. This way, all your existing pages will get your styling at the click of one (or two) buttons. 

I'm happy to jump on a screen share if that's easier. 

Cheers, 

Maggie

JM May 26, 2016

Hi Maggie it's a bit difficult..

This is my scenario..

Confluence A - A new confluence with a custom theme

Confluence B - My old confluence..

I moved all the content of my old confluence to the confluence A, but the content have the styles of the old Confluence. The only way to apply the styles is putting the content of each page in a content-block-macro linked to my css style.

So, I'm looking for a way to put the content of each page, inside a content-block-macro.

Regards

Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2016

Any chance we can have a screen share? If not, can you clarify whether the custom Theme you are referring to ("Confluence A") is a Theme Press Theme and which Theme "Confluence B" is using? I'm asking because there are other ways to applying styles to your new environment, but I would need to know which Theme it is using.  

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events