Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put a single quote in page name. Causes a 403, thinks it's cross scripting.

Kris Rovell-Rixx July 2, 2013

I created a new page with the word Communique' as I was trying to make it match all my other documentation that had an accented e. After I created the text and saved the file, when I try to access the page, it returns 403 error with the following text: Due to the presence of characters known to be used in Cross Site Scripting attacks, access is forbidden. This web site does not allow Urls which might include embedded HTML tags. I didn't create the URL, Confluence did. The last several characters of the URL is: +Communique%27 How do I get the text of my page so I don't lose my edits? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2013

Hi Kriss,

I've just tested this on our Confluence 5.1.3 instance and I didn't get any errors.

You could try to access the page using the pageid using this type of url : http://<your-confluence>/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6062574

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Kris Rovell-Rixx July 2, 2013

Hi Peter, Thanks for your quick response. I'll see if there's a way to get the pageid without being able to access the page. This also tells me that it's a rule that was inserted by our local team and I'll follow up with them.

Thanks again,

Kris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events