Publish without give a notice to watchers

Bastian Franke September 2, 2019

When a make changes on a site and decide to publish this changes without giving a notice to watchers, the watchers still get an email with this changes.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Hina September 4, 2019

From what you say, it looks like you are making use of the new editing improvements on Conf Cloud, and you are running into this bug:  CONFCLOUD-67625.  We've got the same problem.  I'd suggest going to the bug listing and voting for this to be fixed.  I'm surprised it hasn't received more attention, since it seems to me to be a major issue....

Bastian Franke September 5, 2019

You're right. That's the bug! I voted for this to be fixed. Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi,

If you are talking about confluence pages, then during publication there is a checkbox "notify watchers"
If we are talking about Jira tasks, you need to change the notification scheme so that when editing task notifications are not sent

Bastian Franke September 3, 2019

Hi

Thanks for your answer!

I'm talking about confluence.

In our version we don't have the ckeckbox (screenshot in the attachment). An if we select "publish without giving a notice to watchers" it doesn't work. 2019-09-03_110739.jpg

Is it possible to change to the version with the checkbox?

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hm, it is strange. 

It is time, when you publish Draft, draft that was created earlier?

There is no checkbox at this point, maybe you need to go to the confluence settings, but I don’t know where the global settings in your Confluence are, sorry((

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events