Public Service Announcement in Confluence 5.5

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

I installed it. After I realized it was only good up to 5.4.4 (as documented) and it showed "incompatible" I removed it.

Does it work on 5.5 without harm?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Hello Mike.

As far as I could see, it's not compatible with 5.5 per changes on Confluence itself. It does not mean that this will harm your Confluence, it was just not tested on 5.5 and might to work properly. I've just included [addon-com.atlassian.pas] as label for this answer so other customers and developers can search for it.

You may watch this add-on on marketplace so you'll be updated as soon as a new version arrives.

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Thanks Bruna. Given that it isn't "there", I'll hang on until it is definitively supported (assuming it gets there). I took over a badly neglected Confluence instance at the office (seriously out of date and on a poor server) and now have it current and FAST. People are using it 10X more than they were and doing far more with it. I keep adding functionality and content to it and was looking for a way to put an announcement out when new stuff is in.

I've added myself as a watcher on the plugin as about 11 seconds after I see a message that it is updated, I'll be popping that in.

Appreciate the quick answer.

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Based on Bruna's input I will hold off on this for the nonce.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events