Here are the problems:
* On our live-system (4.2.2), our employees are not able to open up Office files via *Edit in Office* or *Edit Document* with Internet Explorer 9. The file is opened, but as Read-Only. The system is configured to use HTTPS.
* On a freshly installed test-system (4.2.12), the normal left click didn't do anything at all with IE 9. Using the middle mouse button although, I was able to open up the files correctly and without the Read-Only flag.
We first used XP with Office 2003 ... everything worked just smoothly. After updating to Win 7, some of the PCs kept Office 2003 ... and everything worked as well. It only affects the Win 7 + Office 2010 machines.
This is critical for us, since we still have a lot of .doc, .xls and so on which are not yet migrated to native Wiki content.
We had the same issue, but it was somewhat intermittant. The only solution that we found was to go into the individitual pc's and do a registry update. We also found that it was a bigger problem for the users who never had Office 2003 installed on their pc's.
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type BasicAuthLevel, and then press Enter.
Right-click BasicAuthLevel, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 2, and then click OK.
NoteThe mapping is as follows:
0 - Basic authentication disabled
1 - Basic authentication enabled for SSL connections only
2 - Basic authentication enabled for SSL and for non-SSL connections
Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG