Problems with Portrait-Aspect Photos

Ian Underwood / EyeTack March 13, 2017

I've got a few problems with photos in Confluence and I'm curious if anyone else has figured them out.

The first is when I use a gallery to build the photo album, portrait photos don't maintain their original aspect ratio.  When I click the photo, it's then rotated to what I'd expect to see in a landscape photograph.

Is this expected behavior, or is there some sort of configuration switch I can change?

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

The problem should only be happening if the image has instructions to be rotated, but is not actually rotated. This is a bit confusing as when you hold the camera sideways, it marks the image as needing to be rotated when viewed, but that "mark" is not always read by software correctly.

Open a problematic image in Photoshop (or whatever), rotate it the way you want, select it all and copy it, create a new doc, past the image and save. See if the Gallery macro handles it better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events