Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with tables and following headings

Jeannette Lamb January 29, 2012

I am having a problem when I insert a table on a page. All of my Heading 1 styles after the table are appearing without an underline. All of the Heading 1 styles before the table are fine, they appear with an underline.

Has anyone else had this type of formatting difficulty?

6 answers

0 votes
AndreasS January 6, 2014

ok, so I got that wrong ...

what version of Confluence do you run?

Jeannette Lamb January 6, 2014

version 4.1

0 votes
AndreasS January 6, 2014

that's really strange as I can't see any additional style information if you add the table ...

I'm sorry but have no ideas to fix the problem!

Thanks for trying! I'll leave this open in case any one else as any ideas.

0 votes
AndreasS January 6, 2014

as far as I can see, everything looks fine with the source code and I can't reproduce it properly. Seems to be a bug in the used plugin as it also produces a table with a style as in Confluence 3.x ...

One last idea: try to use a different browser ...

The problem exists in both Chrome and IE. Which plugin are you referring to that would affect the table styles? I thought the tables were standard Confluence functionality.

Thank you.

AndreasS January 6, 2014

yes they are ...

Haven't I got it wrong, that you generate the table (which once appears and once does not)?

When there is no table, heading 1 text appears formatted correctly, with a margin to margin horizontal line.

When there is a table, any subsequent heading 1 text appears formatted incorrectly, without a margin to margin horizontal line. This is a problem because now all of the heading 1 text on the page doesn't have the same formatting.

I insert my tables using the insert table tool on the toolbar.

0 votes
AndreasS December 7, 2013

Can you reproduce this problem within mutliple pages?

Are you able to send me the page source (e.g. via Confluence Source Editor?)

Jeannette Lamb December 19, 2013

Yes, it occurs on several pages. How do I access the Confluence Source Editor?

AndreasS December 19, 2013

First install the Confluence Source Editor Plugin via your Universal Plugin Manager (on Administrator pages). Then open the page, click edit and on the upper right a new icon occurs which looks like "<>". Just click it and you are in Confluence Source Editor.

Jeannette Lamb January 2, 2014

() (SOP Document Management viewsource viewpagesrc.action pageId=1936271.txt)

can you use this? it won't allow me to upload .htm. the first heading with the issue is named "Process"

AndreasS January 4, 2014

Are you able to send me a screenshot as well?

Jeannette Lamb January 5, 2014

this is a version of the page where the "Process" heading appears correctly, i.e. same as the preceeding headings. Notice, there is no table in the section above Process.

In this version of the same page, the "Process" heading and all following headings do not contain the horizontal line as do all of the preceeding headings. Notice that there is now a table above the Process heading.

AndreasS January 5, 2014

ok, and what about the source code of the page? can you provide a screenshot of the source code as well?

Here is a snippet containing the heading for "Process"

0 votes
Jeannette Lamb January 30, 2012

I am using Confluence 4.1 and have the following plugins installed.

• Ad-hoc workflows
  • Arsenale Invisible Ink
  • RB Storage - Confluence
  • RB Storage - Core
  • RB Storage - Servlet
  • RB Support - Confluence
  • RB Support - Core
  • System Web Panels
  • Wiki Markup Plugin

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2012

Sounds strange! What version of Confluence are you using? Also, do you have any custom or third-party plugins installed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events