Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with links in Confluence

Hakob Simonyan October 15, 2013

Dear Atlassian,

In some cases the URL links in confluence do not work properly, e.g. this link from our internal bugzilla.

http://bugs.tabula.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&email1=vavinaya|mmkrtchya|nkhurshu&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=regexp&known_name=jzejda%2BTarget&list_id=39892&query_format=advanced&order=assigned_to%2Ctarget_milestone%20DESC%2Cbug_id&query_based_on=jzejda%2BTarget

I attempted to fix it, but no matter how I try to add the link as a "Web Link" (it viewed as a link) it does not response mouse clicks.

Confluence version: Atlassian Confluence 4.3.7

Please help me to find the reason and figure out this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Hakob

2 answers

0 votes
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Hi Hakob,

i tried your links with my 4.3.7. demo system. the link from your first post doesn't work with my system as well, but the second link works fine.

It seems, your system has some problem with url encoding. Unfortunately, i am not an expert for administrating the tomcat server and confluence :-( .

Cheers, Christina

Thahnk you Christian,

I tried again and it works for me too.

However, I think this is a Confluence bug and it will be fine to add the support of the encode unsafe characters in Confluence.

If the latest version hasn't the support of it I will fill a ticket on the new release.

Thanks,

Hakob

Hakob Simonyan October 16, 2013

Thank you Christina,

I tried again and it works for me too.

However, I think this is a Confluence bug and it will be fine to add the support of the encode unsafe characters in Confluence.

If the latest version hasn't the support of it I will fill a ticket on the new release.

Thanks,

Hakob

0 votes
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

Hi Hakob,

in your parameter-list (in the url) you have the following string: |mmkrtchya|nkhurshu&emailassigned_to1=1

The pipe symbols ( | ) are responsible, that the links will not be displayed on the wiki page.

Hope, that will help.

Cheers, Christina

Hi Christina,

I think the the issue is not connected with Pipe symbol.

I tried the following link:

http://bugs.tabula.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&email1=vavinaya%7Cmmkrtchya%7Cnkhurshu

Here I have changed | to %7C (to encode unsafe character) and the link also doesn't response mouse clicks.

Please note that the mentioned link is a valid one and works on my Firefox browser.

Thanks,

Hakob

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events