Problem with installing Atlassian connect add-on

Deleted user March 26, 2018

I'm experiencing a problem where when I try to install add-ons from the Atlassian marketplace to my confluence cloud account - it doesn't work. I choose to trial an add-on by selecting it from the marketplace and then it returns to a page with a link to add-on settings without installing the app. I am using Safari on Mac.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi Ryan,

I looked up your email and you have 2 Cloud instances associated with your email: 

p****.atlassian.net 

s****.atlassian.net

Can you let me know which of the two is having an issue? Is it when you try to install any add-on?

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user March 27, 2018

Hi Shannon, I’m having it with the first. Thanks 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Ryan,

That first instance doesn't have a valid license as it was good through 29 March 2018. I recommend adding payment information and extending your Confluence license first, and then you can try to install an add-on.

Can you try that and let us know if you have any trouble?

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user April 1, 2018

Hi Shannon, A trial was active when I first experienced the issue, however, I have since purchased a license and I'm still having the problem and it's happening with any add-on. I have tried to add both yworks and gliffy and I'm still being returned back to the same page with a link to add-on settings whenever I select to try or purchase an add-on. Thanks for your help

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2018

Ryan,

It definitely would have also caused that so thank you for extending your license.

Could you let me know what add-on you're trying to trial so I can test it and see what happens on our end?

Shannon

Deleted user April 3, 2018

Hi Shannon, I've tried to install both yworks and gliffy add-ons. Cheers

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2018

Hi Ryan,

I was able to login and test by enabling the Gliffy trial, and did not have the same problem as you had. Can you confirm that you're adding it as one of the billing contacts?

Also please be advised I wasn't able to find a version of the yWorks add-on for Cloud. Were you installing both add-ons using UPM in your Cloud instance?

Shannon

Deleted user April 5, 2018

I've only got the one login at the moment, so I believe it would be adding it as me - who is the billing contact. You're right about yworks, I didn't realise this until now. However, I'm still having the problem with confluence cloud add-ons. Cheers, Ryan 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2018

Alright, thank you for confirming, Ryan.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the page you say it's going to when you try to install. But can you confirm for sure that you're going through UPM on the instance itself and not through Marketplace?

Can you show me what the screen looks like that it goes to, or better yet, send a video? You can use something like screencast-o-matic.com to record it.

Shannon

Deleted user April 6, 2018

Hi Shannon, 

I've been going through the marketplace, since I couldn't find an easy way to navigate to the marketplace from directly within confluence cloud. Should I be doing something differently? I'm not sure what UPM is. 

Cheers

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2018

Hi Ryan,

UPM stands for Universal Plugin Manager, which is a part of every instance.

You'll need to be a billing contact to install add-ons, but in your Cloud Confluence instance, you'll find the UPM this way:

1. Go to Confluence Admin: https://DOMAIN.atlassian.net/wiki/admin
  2. On the left sidebar, under ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE > Find new add-ons
  3. Then you can search here for the add-on you want, and click Free Trial or Install for the add-on you want to install.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events