Problem with Excerpt macro inside Expand macro

Megan Stanage April 22, 2022

In the new editor, we are using the excerpt macro to pull info onto a page in a different space.

It appears to work--I can nest the Excerpt macro in the Expand macro--but on the new page, it appears as "Error loading excerpt" and has a scroll bar.

The content does appear if you click the expand arrow, but we don't want the error to appear, or the scroll bar.

Anyone else run across this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Schreffler September 14, 2022

I just discovered a workaround for this:

On the main page:
/excerpt (hidden: this can be anywhere on the page)

/expand

/excerpt include (tied to the above excerpt inside the above expand if needed)

If excerpt needed on another page:

/expand

/excerpt include (tied to the above excerpt inside the above expand if needed)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2022

@Megan Stanage I want to make sure I have this correct.

You are adding an excerpt include into an expand macro and getting an error?  You should not be able to add the excerpt macro into an expand macro.  If you somehow did that is probably the issue.  

Megan Stanage April 25, 2022

Not "excerpt include" but "excerpt" - we want to use the content in this expand macro on another page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

@Megan Stanage I am still not following.  Can you share a screenshot.  

Like Megan Stanage likes this
Megan Stanage April 26, 2022

chrome_XfY9iQZLKj.png

chrome_oLIxAfWnEu.png

The two above screenshots are an expand in an excerpt. Same thing happens if I switch the excerpt into the expand.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

@Megan Stanage Thanks for the screenshots.  You are on server by the looks of it.  My guess is that the content in the expansion is causing the issue.  Are you using an additional macro inside the expand?  Have you tested using just some basic content like text (This should work)?

We use the Cloud version but the old editor.

The image editor on the new editor is awful and we use lots of screenshots. :(

Using text works fine.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

Do you have an additional macro inside the expand?

Megan Stanage April 27, 2022

Nope

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events