Problem with 'Edit Document'

Luke Rice March 21, 2013

I am using Confluence on-demand. I attached an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and displayed its contents using the Office Excel macro. My understanding is that I should now be able to edit this document by clicking the 'Edit Document' link. I am having problems getting this to work and would really appreciate some advice.

I am on a Mac (10.6.8) using Firefox. I configured the plugin as outlined in the documentation. If I specify Excel as the application to handle .xlsx files, clicking 'Edit Document' launches Excel but opens an empty file. Is that the expected behavior? I tried specifying OpenOffice as the appropriate application. In this case I have to authenticate, but the spreadsheet actually opens in OpenOffice. Progress? However, I do not see how to save it back to confluence, which is what my reading of the documentation led me to believe I would be able to do.

Am I doing something wrong, or expecting too much? Thanks for any help,

Luke

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

Greetings,

Your expections seem valid. On the surface, it sounds like you might require a pre-requisite plugin specifically for FireFox. I have included the link for reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+the+Firefox+Add-On+for+the+Office+Connector

Also, we do support FireFox but if the above link doesn't suffice, it would be interesting to try another browser (chrome/safari) and/or an alternative computer just to minimize the variables.

I hope this information gets you on the right path.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events