Problem with 'Edit Document'

I am using Confluence on-demand. I attached an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and displayed its contents using the Office Excel macro. My understanding is that I should now be able to edit this document by clicking the 'Edit Document' link. I am having problems getting this to work and would really appreciate some advice.

I am on a Mac (10.6.8) using Firefox. I configured the plugin as outlined in the documentation. If I specify Excel as the application to handle .xlsx files, clicking 'Edit Document' launches Excel but opens an empty file. Is that the expected behavior? I tried specifying OpenOffice as the appropriate application. In this case I have to authenticate, but the spreadsheet actually opens in OpenOffice. Progress? However, I do not see how to save it back to confluence, which is what my reading of the documentation led me to believe I would be able to do.

Am I doing something wrong, or expecting too much? Thanks for any help,

Luke

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Worley Atlassian Team May 07, 2013

Greetings,

Your expections seem valid. On the surface, it sounds like you might require a pre-requisite plugin specifically for FireFox. I have included the link for reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+the+Firefox+Add-On+for+the+Office+Connector

Also, we do support FireFox but if the above link doesn't suffice, it would be interesting to try another browser (chrome/safari) and/or an alternative computer just to minimize the variables.

I hope this information gets you on the right path.

Cheers,
Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 12 hours ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

96 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you