Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while importing daily Backups of Confluence

Thomas Gorgels July 24, 2012

Hello,

I have a Problem with importing my daily backups of Confluence 2.10 in an other Confluence 2.10.

I put my daily backup of my production Confluence into the data/restor directory of the new Confluence 2.10.

Then I go to Administration -> Backup & Restore und chose the daily backup.

The import process starts and i wait.

But the process stops when its 53%.

I try this 5 times.

2 Times while importing process i go away and the process runns.

When I came to my pc i see the login screen but i cant log into Confluence.

I hope you can help me.

I try this with a backup of 2.10 and import to 4.2.

Here the process end with 100% but after i cant log into Confluence.

Best Regards,

Thomas Gorgels

5 answers

1 vote
V July 24, 2012

I agree with Nic, the reason for upgradation being " there are major changes in the database schema in Confluence 3.5.x to Confluence 4.x".

Refer to the Upgrade and Release notes of confluence versions for smooth upgradation and info on required interm upgradations.

Hope this helps.

The upgrade were canceled now.

First we musst know that our backups work.

The only thing i would is import my backups of Confluence 2.10 into another instance of Confluence 2.10.

This is firstly important for me.

And when i had imported this backups into my testinstance of Confluence 2.10 i will test the upgrade to 3.5 and then to 4.3.

But now the only thing which is important is that i can import my updates into my testinstance of Confluence 2.10.

0 votes
V July 24, 2012

Ideally after having the test confluence instance installed, you have to configure the Jira Management and then do the import of backup.

0 votes
So Che July 24, 2012

Hi,

I am new in Confluence administration but I have exactly the same problem with a 3.2 Confluence version : the import failed after 50 seconds ( https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/71523/error-after-a-restore-from-a-backup)

Concerning
your logging problem, i perhaps have the solution. How do you manage the user in Confluence? Because if you manage it in Jira for example, you have to configure it also in the new instance ( this is the procedure for 3.2 https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF32/Delegate+user+management+to+use+JIRA+logins)

I hope this helps, and if someone have a idea for my issue don't hesitate :)

In my Confluence 2.10 Instance i manage the user with jira.

You mean i musst configure the Jira managemant in the test instance too ?

Thanks I would try it.

So Che July 24, 2012

Yes, you have to configure it in the test instance otherwise the link beetween Jira and Confluence for user is broken.

Yes but first i musst import the backup succesfull.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2012

Ah, no, that's the point - if you don't have the user data in place, then the import of the backup will have problems, and certainly won't let you log in after it completes (assuming it completes at all)

Sorry, in my testinstance of confluence 2.10 i want manage the user within confluence.

In my existing system confluence mange the user with jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2012

You're going to need to come up with a process that exports the user data from live Jira and pushes it into your test confluence database. You'll also need to configure the confluence system to use internal authentication (a one off), and then the SQL which will flip the flag in general settings after import (I'm not sure you need that in later versions)

0 votes

I tested 2 things.

First:

2.10 backups -> import into 2.10

This Fails. After tha fails i cant login into my confluence. But for me it is import to know why this not work. If my wiki any day is damaged and i would like to restore it then i have to use that backups. For me the first thing is that i have to import data from 2.10 Confluence into another Confluence 2.10. The ofter is not so important.

Then:

2.10 backups -> import into 4.2

The import end with 100%

And i cant login into Confluence after that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2012

Ok, good, I think you're right to ignore the 4.2 upgrade for now. Concentrate on the 2.10 import as whatever is going wrong in 4.2 is probably compounded by the fact you can't import to the same version.

So, what does the log file say about the import? And your attemtps to log in afterwards?

While the import process the logfile data/logs/atlassian-confliece.log say nothing. It says just that the process has started.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2012

What does the log file say at the point at which the import stalls?

Also, your question isn't clear about whether you are taking a 2.10 backup and restoring it to a 2.10 system, or a 4.2 system. If it's 2.10 -> 4.2, I don't think that's going to work, you need to upgrade the data by going 2.10 -> 3.5 -> 4.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events