cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when Confluence generate URL to Jira Issues at Notifications-Tasks

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi,

I'm using Confluence 4.3.2 and it works fine, great job. But, I have a 'bug'.

Confluence 4.3 has the feature of notification-task dialog in the top right. Notifications work well and can see the contents of these, but when I try to access them, I see that the URL that generates in the issues of Jira is the URL of Confluence, and not Jira itself so if I pulse I got a logical error from Confluence that the page not exist.

But in macros that referred Jira issues, Confluence generates the correct URL.

It's a bug of this version? Any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Dani

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Hey Daniel, this seems to be a bug only in Confluence 4.3.2. I've just reproduced and created the ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27604

Thanks for raising awareness on this, mate!

Theo

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

Thanks for your help mate!

3 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

Hi Daniel!

I believe this issue could be related to this bug: CONF-26782

The workaround for this case is changing the URL directly in the database, as explained on the link above.

Could you check if this applies to your case?

Cheers!

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

Hi Bruna,

I check the database and I don't see that URL contain the absolute path in table "AO_9412A1_AONOTIFICATION".
For example, contain URL like " /browse/ATN-90" without server base URL. So I have to update to put the server base URL?
I think that is not a solution... because I need to put a cron job that update my table every day no?

Thanks!

1 vote
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

Hey Daniel,

I have tried reproducing this using Confluence 4.3.3. and JIRA 5.2.2 and it seems to work as it should. Can you please check the remote application links in your Confluence Admin > Application Links, click on Configure and check the Application Details?

Cheers,

Theo

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

I check the Application Details and I don't see anything strange... everything is correct. I check my database and also all is correct.

I use Confluence 4.3.2 and Jira v5.2.1

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

For me, it was a bug of Confluence version 4.3.2.

I upgrade to 4.3.5 and the URL was generated correctly but I don't know why the problem solved... and in release notes of 4.3.5 don't mention anything about the solvetion of this bug.... :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events