Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing xml backup file

sherlack August 22, 2014

Hi,

I have a confluence backup from a 4.3.2 instance and i'm trying to restore the file in a confluence version 5.5.6. I'm getting the following error message:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Error while importing backup: Failed to lazily initialize a collection

Anyone one have an idea of what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Branno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2014

Howdy Omar!

I'd futher recommend importing the 4.3.2 backup to an instance of 4.3.2 and then perform an upgrade to 5.5.6 directly from that. While Confluence does support backwards compatibility for XML backups, this does not include doing a restore of a different major version (ie. 4.x to 5.x) per Restoring a Site.

To fix the error you are getting, setting the database to use UTF-8 as outlined in Alexey's first link should do the trick, but please consider my recommendation.

Cheers,

Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2014
0 votes
sherlack August 25, 2014

Hi Stephen, I tried your solution and it worked perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events