Problem displaying mp4 video with Confluence 5.1 in iPad

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Dear Confluence Gurus,

I have a .mp4 video that I know it plays in my iPad 3 and I want to embed it in a Confluence page. I am using the HTML macro with the following code:

<h5>Video HTML5 tag</5><br>
<video id=0 controls width=640 height=480 style="border:1px solid grey;">
<source src="https://wikis.utas.edu.au/download/attachments/43330212/Nuclearipad-4.mp4" type='video/mp4' >

<p>Video is not visible, most likely your browser does not support HTML5 video</p>
</video>

The video plays OK in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer but in my iPad desktop view does not play (Play icon is crossed).

Any suggestion?

What is the best way to embed an .mp4 video (tested in iPad) to be seen in Firefox,IE,Chrome and iPad?

I appreciate any help and/or suggestion

Regards

Carlos

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi Saleh,

Thanks for your reply.

We evaluated the multimedia macro and the HTML macro with the HTML tag for m4 files and it had some issues with some old browsers. Anyway, at the end , we used our Echo360 which allows us to have the file outside Confluence but able to display it using the HTML code and iframe tag

Regards

Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events