Problem connecting to hosted confluence using the web services

Adam Adam December 1, 2013

This was working on Saturday (Nov 30), but on Sunday (Dec 1), it stopped working in the middle of my mucking around with it.

Do you have any idea what could be going on? Could I have gotten locked out somehow?

I get a "down for maintenance", so maybe its down time is legit - if so - any idea when it will be back?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2013

Adam,

I believe you can get them from Bob Swift page Confluence SOAP Api

About the error page shown to you, we are working on a better way of displaying errors like that. ;) Thanks for the suggestion. Glad to hear that you dig the products.

Cheers!

0 votes
Adam Adam December 8, 2013

Hi Mauro ,

Thanks for getting back to me - I figured it out, but failed to update this post.

My main problem - I had inadvertantly removed the trailing "/" on the url for the confluence wiki - which caused the "down for maintenance error" (this could be friendlier- but was my error).

A separate issue I ran into was that we need to use the "version 2" of the confluence API with the hosted wiki. We designed our toolkit to integrate with our internal wiki that uses version 1, so I need to upgrade the client.

Is there a place to download the confluence SOAP API version 2 so I can communicate with our hosted wiki?

thanks again!

Adam

PS - Currently, we're using confluence to auto publish application "page view" documentation that we generate with our java toolset.

Your toolset is great - we're planning on integrating with both Hipchat and Jira soon!

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

Thanks Adam.

Here is information on the SOAP API: Confluence XML-RPC and SOAP APIs that explains the changes on v1 and v2 and what to change.
More info is available in Changes to the remote API in Confluence 4.0

Hope that guides you in the right direction.

Cheers

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2013

Hello Adam,

I see that you posted this question 6 hours ago and your system might have been under maintenance at that time. Is it working now? If you are still experiencing issues and for future downtime problems, please create a support.atlassian.com issue so you can get attention faster.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events