Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding a label to an attachment using the Confluence UI REST API

soelizab2 July 16, 2013

I'm trying to use the Confluence UI REST API and do a POST request to add a label to an attachment. I tried using curl to do this, but I keep getting an error in HTML, with title "Oops - an error has occurred - Confluence." My command looks like this:

curl -u $username:$password -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/json" -d @data.json ${hostname}/rest/uri/1.0/attachment/${attachmentID}/labels

The data.json file contains:

{"name": "test", "id": 8787878}

I am able to use the the GET and DELETE methods in the Confluence UI REST API with cURL. I'm not sure if the data from the JSON file is in the correct format or even the correct data and I am providing an arbitrary id.

1 answer

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Hi,

Try to change the data part, the way you send the data,

curl -u $username:$password -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/json" -d @data.json ${hostname}/rest/uri/1.0/attachment/${attachmentID}/labels

The following curl will help you to post the data to server, try it.

curl -D- -u admin:admin -X POST --data {\"body\":\"hello\"} -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://localhost:2990/jira/rest/api/2/issue/TEST-1/comment</code<>>

I dont know whether it is correct, But do let me know.

Hope this helps!

soelizab2 July 16, 2013

Thanks. I tried with the new format of data, but it doesn't seem to work for this particular situation in Confluence. Your answer probably works for adding comments to JIRA issues, and I'm assuming that the data format will be different since I'm trying to pass label information to an attachment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events