Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Space between certain users excluding Admins

Jed Slagel February 6, 2014

Hello,

While poking around the existing answers I did find a question which seems to summarize my concern:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/4162/restrict-viewing-for-confluence-administrators

Given that the responses were somewhat outdated and there was no clear answer, I thought I would ask again.

One of our executives wants to share a private space with only other Confluence users of his choosing, excluding other Admins. Is there a way to reliably (and hopefully easily) accomplish this?

Many thanks for any insight you could provide.

Jed

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2014

No. Well, sort of.

The basic answer is that you are going to have to trust your administrators.

If you use restrictions to hide pages, then your admins will actually experience the same "can't see this page" stuff as your normal users. But your administrators will always have the power to list restricted pages in a space, and then de-restrict them, or change their own profiles to enable themselves access.

The only way to completely stop an admin getting to pages is to put the pages in a separate system that they do not have access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events