Preview documents in confluence

Sujata March 11, 2016

I want to do few things, 

How can I copy past the visio diagram in a page?

How can I add a sharepoint link in confluence?

I tried adding the link but when I click it doesnt open the file instead it opens the save as window, i want it to open as soon as click on the link.

1 answer

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

I believe you are trying to use the View File Macro. That will only work with files attached to the page/space.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/view-file-macro-170494360.html

Sujata March 11, 2016

I cannot find View file macro in the macro list, I believe this macro is removed in the newer version of confluence.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

Displaying an Office or PDF Document in Confluence

To display an Office or PDF document in a page, use one of the following View File macros in the macro browser:

• Office Excel
  • Office PowerPoint
  • Office Word
  • PDF
Sujata March 11, 2016

Yes, but mine is a visio file. Also, this file resided in sharepoint that keeps changing, I wanted to add a link in confluence page and when I click it would open the visio file. It this doesn't work then I want to just copy paste the content of the file directly on the page but nothing seem to be working.

When I copy paste the diagram from visio to confluence, it messes up the diagram.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2016
Sujata March 11, 2016

We don't have this add-on, so there is no other option? I wish the sharepoint link attachment would work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events