Preview chinese documents doesn't works

Simona Persico December 22, 2015

Hi all,

we have a Confluence 5.8.14 server.

When I try to preview a documents in .xls or .doc in chinese it doesn't works.Please see the screenshot..Has anyone suggestions to solve it?

Thank you!

Simona 

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

Taking a look at this issue might be helpful: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36557

You might want to check whether the font used in the file is also on the server (whether Windows or Linux, but it seems the problem occurs on Linux more often).  If you install the font and then restart Confluence, it should fix your issue (I hope smile).

0 votes
Simona Persico December 22, 2015

Yes, it is installed.... I've also checked the file, but if I download it I can see it fine... I don't know which can be the problem

image2015-12-22 16:29:35.png

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

I tried to replicate the issue and did not find any problem. Did you have Chinese Language Pack enabled ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events