Prevent notifications if triggered by a specific user in Confluence

Rob June 9, 2021

We have an account in Confluence (server install) that is used by a security scanner. One of the side effects of this is that the scanner will go through and simulate clicking on the Like button on many of the pages in Confluence. Thus, the users that are watching said pages get spammed with email.

Is there any way to prevent/disable notifications from going out if caused by this certain account? I don't want to stop notifications going to the watchers if I were to like a page or upload something, just this special scanner account we had to make.

Or am I kind of stuck with this happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

@Rob 

I am not aware of anything in Confluence that would allow you to do this.  Have you thought about filtering on the email server.  Confluence would still send out an email but you could put a rule in place on your email server to prevent the messages from going through.  

Rob June 16, 2021

Thanks for the reply @Brant Schroeder !

I don't have control over the email server as we are just a small piece of our larger company.

I sure could setup some individual rules on each person's inbox and just dump them from that user though.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events