Prevent Confiforms import API for multi-value fields from removing quote-escaped commas on import?

Wade Meredith August 11, 2020

I am importing a CSV file using the Confiforms import API. When I import field types that are NOT multi-value fields, my strings that are double-quote-escaped and include commas import correctly, but when the target field is a multi-value field, the importer strips out commas from the same double-quote-escaped strings.

String as rendered in the CSV file:

"additionalType,alternateName,description,disambiguatingDescription,identifier,image,mainEntityOfPage,name,numberOfBeds,potentialAction,sameAs,subjectOf,typeOfBed,url",

String as shown in the import API mapping screen:

additionalType,alternateName,description,disambiguatingDescription,identifier,image,mainEntityOfPage,name,numberOfBeds,potentialAction,sameAs,subjectOf,typeOfBed,url

Result when mapped to a text field:

additionalType,alternateName,description,disambiguatingDescription,identifier,image,mainEntityOfPage,name,potentialAction,sameAs,subjectOf,supersededBy,url

Result when mapped to a multi-value field:

additionalTypealternateNamedescriptiondisambiguatingDescriptionidentifierimagemainEntityOfPagenamenumberOfBedspotentialActionsameAssubjectOftypeOfBedurl

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

Hi

You need to use " as quote character and wrap your multi-select values into quotes ("")

Or consider using Excel files as a source for your data to import

Updated:

---

This seems to be a bug in CSV parsing. We will fix it asap and will try to include a fix into https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version2.13.9

---

Alex

Wade Meredith August 12, 2020

Unless I'm misunderstanding the quote level, I am already doing that:

"additionalType,alternateName,description,disambiguatingDescription,identifier,image,mainEntityOfPage,name,numberOfBeds,potentialAction,sameAs,subjectOf,typeOfBed,url",

But the commas get stripped out when targeting a multi-value field, they don't get stripped targeting a text field. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

Are you trying to "import" al these values into ONE field?

I mean.. are these the options of a 1 field?

"additionalType,alternateName,description,disambiguatingDescription,identifier,image,mainEntityOfPage,name,numberOfBeds,potentialAction,sameAs,subjectOf,typeOfBed,url"
Like Wade Meredith likes this
Wade Meredith August 12, 2020

Yes. Those are the choices for the field on a single entry.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2020

Hi

Sorry for that and thank you for your clarification.

This seems to be a bug in CSV parsing. We will fix it asap and will try to include a fix into https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version2.13.9

Alex

Like Wade Meredith likes this
Wade Meredith August 14, 2020

Thanks! If you want to add this info to your top comment, I'll accept it as the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events