Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presuming a user is logged in, where can they see their username?

MICHAEL O'Neill May 7, 2012

Yeah, I had this question today and I got stumped, as it doesn't seem to be displayed when the user views their own profile information (am I missing something?).

I ended up telling them to click their name in the people directory and look at the URL. It's displayed after the tilde.

Please tell me there's a more obvious way that I completely missed. :P

2 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Interesting. But how will they login if they don't know their username? ;) Maybe that is why it is explicitly shown?

MICHAEL O'Neill May 7, 2012

Believe me, the facepalm was almost audible. Still, I didn't have a ready answer... :P

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

The problem is that sometimes they catch you in an unexpected moment (sigh) :)

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2012

Well, in Jira you have the possibility of entering in the user profile and there it says the username right after the avatar. But I think it isn't that way on Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events